Friday, March 30, 2012

I just want to say how excited I am to host Tambra Kendall today on my blog.


Without further ado.........


Tell us a little about yourself, Tambra.
My love of romance began with the big sweeping historicals, especially the Medieval and Scottish-set stories of the 17-1800s. An alpha male in a kilt? I am so there.  At twelve years old, I decided I wanted to be a writer. It's been a long road, but I made it. I continue to buy writing how-to books to improve my work. I want to be the best writer I can, to bring readers stories they want return to time and time again.

It isn't surprising much of my work is focused on Celtic mythology. When I learned about my ancestry, I discovered it is in my blood. Mostly of Scottish and English descent, I was thrilled to find my passion was rooted in more than my imagination.

If I'm not writing, you can find me sewing or creating Victorian-inspired greeting cards.

Tell us a little about your book.
Wicked Temptations is a contemporary, erotic short story. I'd call it slightly naughty fun. The blurb below will give you an idea of what the story entails. I had so much fun writing it. There are two other stories connected to Wicked Temptations, Through a Magic Mist and The Dark Mist.

Blurb for Wicked Temptations:
Laria MacCleod, owner of Wicked Temptations, a teashop known throughout the region for its pastries and scones. Hamish Wallace enemy of her family becomes aggressive; pushing Laria to sell her property for her knows the land is magical. Laria needs a hero and patron of her shop, Cameron Logan fits the role. The attraction crackles between them as Hamish's evil plans endanger Laria, Cameron and the Fae.

When did you start writing and when did you finish your first book?
In 1989, I finally had the chance to begin my writing journey. My children were small and I worked a full-time job,  I focused on children's literature and articles. I took the Institute of Children's Literature course and a short story writing course at our local college.
In 2008 I wrote my first full length novel. It was during NaNoWriMo-National Novel Writing Month. This book is a contemporary YA fantasy, something I'd never written before.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Inspiration comes from everywhere. Listening to people's conversations, people watching, a phrase spoken, an article in the newspaper or online. Brainstorming with my critique partner, my boyfriend or family members, so you see, I really do find ideas from all types of sources.

Do you plot and outline or do you just write?  Plotter or Pantser?
Actually, I'm a combination plotter. I do both. I plot a chapter or two at a time. This gives me the flexibility to change or refine without being restricted.

Can you tell us a little about the process of getting your first book published?
The first story I had published was a science fiction romance short, in an anthology called Blue Moon Magic by Highland Press, under the pen name Keelia Greer.

What book have you most recently released?
Wicked Temptations is the most recent release under my company, Daughters of Avalon Publishing.

What was your favorite part of the book?
Laria enthusiastically jumps on Cameron while he's sitting in a chair in her dining room. She discovers this isn't a one sided attraction.

I liked that part too!

Rate your story on a Heat level of 1-6?
A four but this is only a guess. Each person has their own opinion about what they consider hot.

Do you have another book in the works?
I have multiple stories of various lengths in progress. This helps my muse when it is stuck on one story. I switch, and when I go back, I can see the problem area and then fix it.

What advice would you give new authors?
Great question, Krystal! The writing community is smaller than you think. The editor you make mad today could be the agent you submit to later on. I also believe in good manners and professionalism goes hand-in-hand. This is a business. Consider how you wish others to view you and in the long term the reputation, you're building as an author.

Boxers or Briefs?
Since commando isn't listed as a choice, I'd have to say boxers.

*Giggle* I'll have to add that as a choice for my next interview.

(Character Questions)
What were your first impressions of each other?
Laria: "I had seen Cameron around town but it was only when he entered my shop, Wicked Temptations that I fell for him. His energy and aura called to me on such an intense level it stole my breath. My heart knew he was The One."

Cameron: "I'd make any excuse to walk by Wicked Temptations. I admired her from afar, just to look at her or a chance to hear her laughter. Knowing she made the best shortbread was a bonus. The dessert is my weakness. She's intelligent and snarky. The perfect woman for me."

What’s your favorite characteristic of each other?
Laria: "Cameron's heart, it's capacity for love and compassion astounds me."

Cameron: Shakes his head and laughs softly. "Laria, has so many qualities it's difficult to narrow it down. I'm not surprised my lovely has chosen the same as I. Having her heart is my greatest treasure.

Tambra, what are your plans for the near future? 
To continue to write books readers will love.  I strive to create unforgettable characters whose stories touch reader's hearts.

My heartfelt thanks to Krystal for honoring me with this interview.
*Blushing* You are too sweet.  I look forward to a great friendship and thank you so much for coming today!  Tambra has promised a copy of her delightful Wicked Temptations to one commenter of her choice.  Please be sure to let us know you stopped by with a comment.  We can't wait to hear from you.


Be sure to visit Tambra at.....

Twitter:  https//twitter.com/TambraKendall









6 comments:

  1. Yay!! Spectacular interview Krystal and Tambra!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April,
    Thank you so much! Krystal had some great questions. I appreciate you stopping by to say Hi!

    Best,
    Tambra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya,

    Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the story if you decide to check it out.

    Best,
    Tambra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to Krystal for hosting me on her blog.

    I hope she'll let me interview her for my blog as well.

    Hugs,
    Tambra
    www.daughtersofavalonpublishing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Just let me know when. Thank you again for being my very first guest!

      Delete