Thursday, December 6, 2012

Open House by Krystal Shannan


A little bit about Krystal....

I was born in Arlington Texas and still call it home. I love Texas. The bipolar weather changes. The scathing heat in the summer, and the tease of a winter we sometimes get. I could do without the tornadoes, but I guess they are better than hurricanes or earthquakes.  At least you can sorta run from a tornado, LOL. 

I’ve been writing stories since I learned how to read. My mother still has boxes of stuff I wrote as a kid. I’ve been writing romance since late high school, so…. More than a decade. LOL. I’ve always considered myself a writer. It’s always been cathartic and a great way for me to relax. Over the last few years I’ve really considered how to make writing more of a career.

I did an interview a little while ago with the fabulous Aine P. Massie and she asked me this question. It was so much fun I just had to share.

I love reading the warnings on the blurbs for many books. If you could write a warning label for yourself as a person or an author, what would it say?

WARNING! The mind of this person resides in the gutter most of the time. Do not be surprised if it turns any normal person’s comment into a sexual innuendo. 

I want to share a little bit about the novella OPEN HOUSE that I just released. It's the opening for my paranormal romance series call Pool of SoulsI actually had the title before I wrote OPEN HOUSE. It’s kinda a play on words I suppose. OPEN HOUSE has a conflict in an open house that Rebecca is showing and the novella is the opening or introduction to a series of Aphrodite’s stories. The message this series really plays into the theme of never giving up on looking for that special person to spend your life with.

Pool of Souls

Long ago the Titans ruled the world. When their children took power, most Titans were killed or banished forever. Aphrodite was the only Titan allowed to coexist on Mt. Olympus with the new greek gods and goddesses. She was allowed to stay, because like it or not, she could not be banished or killed without destroying the entire human race.

Before Gaia disappeared deep into a secret part of the earth, she brought Aphrodite out of the sea, creating her from a piece of her murdered husband. She connected her daughter to humanity so intrinsically that Aphrodite could never be lost. Her precious daughter would be treasured and revered by humanity for all eternity as the Goddess of Love.

Aphrodite balances human love and passion. Her mother gifted her with the ability to track soul mates through the centuries and guide the immortal souls of humans to their eternal mates. Gaia also gave her a special pool to house and keep the soul mates safe.

OPEN HOUSE: Pool of Souls Book 1

Picture
Intrinsically woven into the fabric of human existence, Aphrodite, Titan Goddess of Love and Passion, dedicates herself to matching soul mates.

Rebecca Carol and Robert Corvin missed their original chance to bond when Ares, God of War, took control of Robert's career ten years ago. Their souls have naturally pulled them back together for a second chance at love, but...How far will the gods go to get their own way?

Will divine influence create another perfect match or will it tear them apart forever?

Find it Now
Amazon ~ Smashwords ~ All Romance ~ Kobo ~ B&N
"I absolutely LOVED this book! It’s a short beautiful, satisfying read that is fun, funny and exciting with a perfect sensual and paranormal touch that any romance and paranormal reader (18 and over) will love!" - Ava Vongiebel (GoodReads.com)

"They say there is a thin line between love and hate. When two strong willed gods clash, everyone needs to watch out! If you're into Clash of the Titans and love Harlequin Romances then I would recommend this one for you." - Kristen (www.mommysreading.com)
You can read part of the first chapter on my website HERE
Thanks for spending a little time with me today!
Happy Reading
Happy Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment