Friday, March 8, 2013

Krystal Shannan Features - Gabrielle Bisset


Please help me welcome Gabrielle Bisset to the blog today!

Thanks so much, Krystal, for having me here today to talk about my Sons of Navarus series. From a single character who I began to get emails asking when is he getting his book, it's grown to a series that will add its 7th book this spring.

I get asked all the time, "How did you come up with this series idea?" The answer is simple. Vasilije. I'd written him into a novella that had been a personal reaction to something I was dealing with at the time (writer's catharsis, I guess). He wasn't a huge part of that story, but there was something about him that readers took to. That novella sold so well and so many people asked when they'd be able to read something about him, so I began to write him his own story.

Very quickly, it was much bigger than I'd ever planned. For anyone who's read Blood Avenged, you know Vasilije is a huge character. He takes up all the air in the room, so I guess I wasn't too surprised when he began to demand a series come from his book. (He's very persuasive.) Before long, I had the Sons of Navarus series roughly plotted out and as they say, the rest is history.

I ended up wanting a series that featured a group of heroes readers could fall in love with. Here's a taste of what it's turned out to be:

Eight vampire warriors descended from the gods and chosen to defend their world against the Archon takeover, each dedicated to the war they must win. But there's another side to these Sons of Navarus—one that only the women they love know. Behind the strength they need to defeat their enemies lies a passion different in each one of the Sons. Their war will take them around the world and even involve the gods themselves, but they must unlock the secrets of the Prophecy of Idolas to defeat the Archons or perish in trying for none of their kind can be safe if the Archons win this battle.

Those eight warriors—Vasilije, Saint, Terek, Ramiel, Thane, Sion, Dante, and Nico—have three books behind them already, and Blood Prophecy is the next book in the series and due out this spring. So what can readers expect? Love, action, heartache, dark times, celebration...it's a huge turning point in the series. I know readers are going to love it!

Thanks again, Krystal, for having me here today! For more information on the Sons of Navarus series, readers can visit my website at www.gabriellebisset.com for excerpts, buy links, character profiles, swag (romance trading cards), and free desktop wallpapers to bring the series to your computer.

Series Order:
Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus Prequel)
Blood Avenged (Sons of Navarus #1)
Blood Betrayed (Sons of Navarus #2)
Longing (A Sons of Navarus Short Story)
Blood Spirit (Sons of Navarus #3)
The Deepest Cut (A Sons of Navarus Short Story)
Blood Prophecy (Sons of Navarus #4) COMING THIS SPRING!


LINKS: 






7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog post Gabrielle, I feel like I learn a little more about you (and the sons of course) with each one I read. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. l love the Sons my personel favourite being Terek. whom i fell in love with in Blood Spirit. Cant wait to see whats in store for Ramiel in Blood Prophecy

    ReplyDelete
  4. so looking forward to Blood Prophecy, love the Son's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to get my hands on Blood Prophecy. Thanks for doing what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I could definitely see how Vasilije would demand a series and I am so very glad he did!!! Love these Sons and can't wait for Blood Prophecy's release! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing about the inspiration.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete