Friday, May 11, 2012

Fabulous Author Friday ~ Carrie Ann Ryan


I'm so excited to welcome Carrie Ann Ryan today!

Without further ado........

Tell us a little about yourself.

Hi and thanks for having me! I’m a chemist by day, and a paranormal romance author, wife, and kitten-momma by night!

Did you always want to be an author?

I’ve always had the stories and the ideas, but I’m lucky enough to actually find this out later on! Love my life!

What is your favorite part of being a writer/author?

Creating new characters. I love finding out who these voices in my head are!

Tell us a little about your book.

A Night Away is a novella set between two novels in the Redwood Pack series. I wanted to find out what happened after the HEA. Mel and Kade weren’t finished with me yet!

When did you start writing and when did you finish your first book?

Hmm…It took me about a year to get my first book done. Then I trashed it LOL. I mean, it’s sitting in a file somewhere, but it was mostly a learning experience.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Everywhere and everywhere. A picture, a song, a conversation. Anywhere.

Do you plot and outline or do you just write?  Plotter or Pantser?

I’m a plotter LOL. I have outlines of my outlines and spreadsheets of my spreadsheets.

Can you tell us a little about the process of getting your first book published?

I found a crit group and asked for help. I wrote something and then worked with people to develop my voice. Then I made sure I had more than one book ready to go for publication before I even took those necessary steps.

What book have you most recently released?

A Night Away came out on May 1st!

What was your favorite part of the book?

Actually, it was finding out about my mysterious Maddox. I’d never written in his POV before. It was interesting.

Rate your story in terms steaminess?

Hmm…I think 4.5/5 on the OMG scale. LOL

Do you have another book in the works?

I have a few actually. I have more wolves, a new series with Angels, demons, werebears, and brownies.  Another series with angels…and ANOTHER series with childhood myths. LOL I’m tired now.

What advice would you give new authors?  What have you learned about the business?

WRITE. Don’t just think about it. WRITE it.

Boxers or Briefs?

Boxer briefs or nothing at all!

Pizza or hamburger?

Neither. I don’t like red sauce or ground meat.

Beer, Wine, or mixed drink?

Beer or mixed. Though I’ve cut myself off from mixed after an unfortunate birthday LOL

(Character Questions)
What were your first impressions of each other?

Kade: That my soon-to-be-mate was drop dead sexy.
Mel: OMG please be my blind date! LOL

What’s your favorite characteristic of each other?

Kade: The way she faces each challenge fresh.
Mel: The way he’s there for me, but knows I can do it on my own.

What are your plans for the near future? 

Kade: More babies?
Mel: Oh God! Let me just have Finn right now!
Kade: *kisses Mel* How about we just practice?
Mel: Kade!
Kade: What can I say? I love my mate!


Contest Info: Carrie Ann is giving away a signed swag pack to a commenter. Please be sure to leave your email so we can get a hold of you!



Author Bio:
Carrie Ann Ryan is a bestselling paranormal and contemporary romance author. After spending too much time behind a lab bench, she decided to dive into the romance world and find her werewolf mate - even if its just in her books. Happy endings are always near - even if you have to get over the challenges of falling in love first.
Her first book, An Alpha's Path, is the first in her Redwood Pack series. She's also an avid reader and lover of romance and fiction novels. She loves meeting new authors and new worlds. Any recommendations you have are appreciated. Carrie Ann lives in New England with her husband and two kittens.
Carrie Ann loves hearing from readers. You can find her at:

Twitter: @CarrieAnnRyan | Tumblr

An Alpha’s Path Amazon  Barnes & Noble ARe
A Taste for a Mate Amazon Barnes & Noble ARe
Trinity Bound Amazon Barnes&Noble ARe  



A Night Away
Book 3.5 in the Redwood Pack Series


Kade Jamenson has been mated to Melanie for almost two years. They’ve been through mating circles, battles, loss, misunderstandings, and finally, the birth of their son, Finn. The world is in turmoil around them as the Redwoods engage in war with the Centrals. But for Kade and Melanie, the turmoil is also happening at home. The responsibility of a restless baby and their Pack has taken a toll and they need a break.
Not from each other. But from their Pack. Just for a night.
Kade takes Mel away for a romantic getaway and leaves Uncle Maddox alone with baby Finn. The Omega of the Redwood Pack may be adept at emotions but the idea of a baby may be beyond his immense capabilities.
Author’s Note: This is a novella set between books 3 and 4 to give you a taste of Mel and Kade. It is best that you have already immersed yourselves in the Redwood Pack world, however even new readers will enjoy a glimpse of one of the Redwood’s favorite couples.

A Night Away Excerpt

Kade Jamenson closed his eyes and prayed for resolution. A piercing shriek startled him, making him jump to his feet.
Finn.
Finn. His eleven-month-old son, who wouldn’t stop screaming, no matter what they did. The kid always needed something, either to be fed, changed, held, burped, played with, or just stared at. It seemed never ending. Even now that he was older, he still screamed or babbled constantly.
Dear God. How the hell did humans do this? Kade had more endurance than any human, witch, and most werewolves out there. Yet a tiny fifteen-pound baby with big blue eyes took every ounce of strength he possessed. Not to mention sleep time.
Kade groaned and rolled his neck before he walked into his son’s room. He and Melanie had painted the room in a soft green to match the Jameson eyes and added cream borders to break it up. Dark wood furniture filled the room along with cream linens covered with frog princes and bumblebees. Stuffed animals of every sort covered the tops of most pieces of furniture, gifts from his Pack and family, who cherished Finn like their own son. He took another step in and realized he hadn’t been the first one to answer his son’s call.

Thank you so much for coming over and 
hanging out today Carrie!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic interview, ladies! Love Carrie Ann's books! Will read anything she puts out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for having me here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome interview, ladies. Love the excerpt so much, Carrie Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Carrie, you sure get around.

    I really enjoy learning things about you!

    ReplyDelete